Today is a different kind of post cause at the end Im gonna talk about this award that i won, but I didn't want you to miss out on an outfit! So here are the
Shirt: Silk | From my Mom's Closet
Skirt: Thrifted | Hope's Outlet
Tights: Capezio | From Dance
Shoes: Forever 21 | But i got them from Purple Rose in GH
Sweater: Nordstroms Rack
Belt: Thrifted awhile back
Tim lookin fly as always ;)
I was nominated for the Liebster award the other day by Kara (pronounced Kyra) of Buy Any Means Necessary. At first I didn't really know what that meant but upon further examination i got REALLY EXCITED! It is an awesome way for bloggers to give shouts out to their favorite bloggers with less than 200 followers. I also found through a lot of research that these rules are NOT the original liebster award rules but who cares. They are way more fun anyway. I chose to follow them because they were the ones presented to me so I will go with that!
The Rules are:
1) Post 11 facts about yourself
2) Answer the 11 questions the nominator has asked about you (and give them a shout out/link back in your post!)
3) Create 11 more questions to ask the bloggers you nominate
4) Chose 11 bloggers to nominate, make sure to shout out to them in the post and then let them know via email/comment on their blog.
So here are 11 facts about myself:
1. I am deathly afraid of dinosaurs
2. I have one sister
3. I have too many degrees
4. I have 4 pets
5. My entire family plays World of Warcraft including myself
6. I really wish a woman was president
7. I really really really like coffee. Like too much. I like tea too but coffee is my jam.
8. I live with my parents. Yah thats right. and im damn proud of it.
9. I am obsessed with reading. Literally always have at least 3 books out from the Library. Yah and i use the library.
10. I have no idea what i am doing with my life
11. But i love my life!
Here are the questions that Kara asked of me:
1.What's your favorite store and/or brand?
As everyone knows my favorite stores are generally thrift stores. My absolute favorite vintage store around this area though is Purple Rose in GH. She stocks some of the coolest consignment and vintage pieces. The prices are high so i don't ever get much of anything but its just such a cool place.
2. Heels or flats?
Even though im almost 5'10 i would say heels. I just love them. They make everyone look good and i feel great in them.
3. What's your favorite season?
Fall, Its seriously the coolest. Pumpkins, apples, pretty colored trees!
4. What are your 3 wardrobe must haves?
Blazers, tights and boots.
5. Any celebrity crushes?
Honestly? Mila Kunis, and then Bill Clinton. In that order :)
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. What is your favorite TV show?
Tie between the Daily Show with John Stewart and the Walking Dead.
8. What is a word you say a lot?
ummmmm i dunno
9. Favorite restaurant and/or type of food?
VEGAN FOOD! I really like the local grand rapids resturaunt Bartertown Diner.
10. What is the most played song on your iTunes?
I don't really use my iTunes anymore now that i have Spotify, i frackin love it so much! I tend to listen to chill music in the morning (like Mumford and Sons, DMB, Dispatch, Band of Horses, Sufjan Stevens and so many more). For working i like to listen to electronic and dubstep and popular music is great while im ready, i also like to jam to some country especially bluegrass.
11. Where do you hope for your blog to be in the next year?
I think most people say how many followers they want or whatever here. I really want to grow personally through my blog. I hope that I can learn more about web-development and graphic design. I want to learn how to create my own store and start selling my own creations and vintage finds. I would also like to do more in depth studies and interviews in slow fashion related things (shoe repair, local fashion, where your clothes come from, the cotton industry, etc etc). I would also really like to grow confidence in my sewing ability and take a class in pattern making by the end of the year.
AND I NOMINATE THE FOLLOWING:
Red Lips and Leopard Prints, Thrift Trick, Bunnies and Pearls, Glitzy Blues, Sunday Noises, The Collegiate Style Enthusiast, Fashion Taste Diary (its in Hungarian but i don't care i love her style), She Wolf Diaries (her link is all f'd up though, theshewolfdiaries.blospot.com), Never Fully Dressed Without a Style and i couldn't come up with any more!
i should mention if you didn't have a follower number on your page i went by likes on facebook ;) so i might be cheating in a way?
And here are the 11 questions i would like them to answer:
1. What is your favorite blog you follow?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What is in your purse right now?
4. What is your most embarrassing story?
5. Where is the one place you would most like to travel to next?
6. Who is your biggest life inspiration?
7. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive who would it be?
8. What is your favorite holiday?
9. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
10. What is your 'dream job'?
11. What pets do you have if any?
Thanks guys and thanks for the award! xo